Gauged Red Rubbers
- Record all details prior to any repair or removal.
- Take a measured survey of any detailed areas before taking units out.
- Employ specialist sub-contractors to carry out replacement stone, bricks and gauged work, it is the only worthwhile course of action.
- Lambs shop drawings must be approved prior to manufacturing commencing. To survey the work Lambs require secure access to be provided.
- Lambs replacement Gauged Red Rubber items will arrive with drawings and will be individually labelled.
- The specialist red masons should be experienced in setting out, docking or soaking rubbers immediately before laying and adjusting units to fit especially when laying in 1 or 2 mm joints.
- The use of a sponge or similar tool must not be employed to clean lime putty mortar from the face of the gauged work.
- Only mature lime putty should be used on 1 mm joints, above this the joints can have quantities of silver sand mixed with the lime putty. Proportions should be adjusted to suit joint sizes and conditions.
- The specialist mason should return when the work has initially set and fully dried to rub up and finish any cut face gauged work. The job is not complete until this has been done.
- Additional comments will appear here soon
- If you need advice please phone the sales office.
- 01403 785141
- Additional to the points under the Gauged Red Rubber heading are the following.
- Arches must be set out in accordance with the drawing, any deviation will give an inferior finish.
- Joint positions must be marked on the former or centering and above on a fixed batten.
- Lambs can supply formers for all arch shapes.
- Lime putty must not be spread across the face of the arch, it will be difficult to remove.
- If you need further advice please phone the sales office on 01403 785141 or complete the contact form.